Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Summer Fun Layout


What happens when you take your Cricut machine and all of your cartridges to a crop and realize after you get there, that you forgot your mats? Well, this layout is a result of a crop-gone-bad at my church. I forgot my mats, my acrylic stamp blocks, and my ever essential white Uni-ball pen. Yes, most of the ladies there offered to help me out and I could have drove the five minutes to my house to pick it all up. But I after I realized that I forgot all my stuff, I challenge myself to make do with what I had on hand. I had white American Craft alphabet stickers, orange stickles, and left over scraps. I backed the white stickers on solid parts of the We Are Memory Keepers White Out collection, then fussy cut around the letters. I hand cut the sun behind the letter U. Then, I accented the letters with dots of orange Stickles. So even though it's not what I would have done if I was at home with all of my stuff, I like the way this one turned out. Maybe next time, I will leave my Cricut turned off and see what else I can come up with. Or, maybe not! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

This is too cute!! Love it when "happy accidents" happen!

Anonymous said...

That is a great make-do attitude! Love the L/O.