Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Halloween Blocks






Here is another project that I finished up for a birthday gift. Halloween blocks! I loved how these turned out and I think that I need to make a set for myself!! I started with some blocks that my husband cut for me. Some of the craft stores carry wooden blocks, but you may not find the exact size that you want. Then I sanded and painted them black. After the paint dried, I sanded the edges a little to distress it. I used Modge Podge to glue some paper on the front of the blocks. The paper was from a Halloween kit that I bought from Target a couple of years ago! I sprayed some Glimmer Mist on the paper before I added the embellishments. The rub-ons are part of the Target kit. Most of the die cuts and letters are cut from the Happy Hauntings Cricut cartridge. For the skull, I used Indie Art. To protect the rub-ons and the die cuts, I covered the front in a couple of coats of Modge Podge. These blocks are cute and easy to make. You can make them for any holiday or even your last name. I think that they would look cute on the mantle!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Super cute. Thanks for sharing.