Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Competition for the Cricut?


I don't know, but it looks like my Cricut could have some competition come next year. In January at CHA, Craftwell will realease a new machine called the eCraft Personal cutting system. If you haven't seen this, then you should check out their website at craftwellusa.com Now I am a self proclaimed Cricut lover. I wouldn't have never thought of giving up my Cricut, but if the user reviews are good, I think that it will be sitting next to my E. Here are some of the details straight from their site:

Automatic Paper and Cutting Sensor (no manual adjustments needed)

Paper Tray / Feeder (no more messy cutting boards)

Unique Roller system handles paper up to 12” by ANY length (wow!)

Draws and cuts without changing from blade to a pen (really!)

Easy to use software and a big bright LCD display (looks great)

SD Fun Cards, with a wide assortment of themed fonts and shapes (cool!)

From what I understand, no software needed for those TT Fonts that we all love! No need for a mat because it can cut up to any length! You can buy images and fonts, but not at the 89.99 retail price you pay for a Cricut cart. And you add up all of the customer service nightmares from ProvoCraft and this is going to be competition for the Cricut. I was looking at buying the Gypsy, but with all the problems they are having, I am waiting. And now, maybe the eCraft will be what I save for! And I have to say that I am in no way affiliated with this company. I had never heard of them before this. But I will be waiting the see the reviews, and my Cricut is holding her breath! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Finally! I have not been happy w/ Provo craft's customer service myself. That alone makes this worth checking into. Thanks for the heads up! :-)