Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Halloween Treat Jar


As most of you know by now, I have been hanging out with some talented ladies at Addicted Scrappers. They have posted some great challenges, ideas, and contests. One of the lastest posts is some Halloween treat jars. They are simply adorable!!! And when I saw them, I immediately had to make one!! This is what I came up with. If the paper looks familiar, it is from my circle layout from a couple of months ago. This was very easy to finish, but there are a couple of tricks. Put your paper on one layer at a time. If you try to put it together first, the top layer will pull when you wrap it around your jar. (Yes I made that mistake!) And the easiest way to do the ribbon around the lid and jar is to put adhesive on the top side of the end and wrap around and let it stick, then trim it. If you plan on putting the buttons on the top of the lid, make sure you hot glue the lid to the ring, so when you remove it, it will come off as one piece. (I learned that one on the Christmas treat jar I made last year!!) Thanks for looking, happy crafting!

Items Used:
Threading Water Punch
Ribbon: American Crafts, Dots, Dashes, and Checks, Hobby Lobby, unknown
Studio G stamps
Gel Writer pens
Buttons: Paper Studio, American Crafts

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Great jar Missy!! I love it!!! It looks great!!!