Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Make your voice heard!

Normally I wouldn't get on my soap box on my scrap blog, but like scrapbooking, I am very passionate about politics. I try to stay tuned in to the governmental things that effect me and my family, both at a local and a national level. This election is going to be very close again this year and everyone needs to make their voice heard! Register to vote and go out and vote!! If you can't make it to the election booth on 11.04.08, then find out how to vote early. But please don't select your candidate based on gender or race. Neither of those qualify someone to run our country. Vote on the issues that matter to you. There are several sites you can visit to find a bipartisan list of how they voted on key issues. You can check out selectsmart.com or knowbeforeyouvote.com Or you can find a site such as Candidate Calculator to see which person matches your values and beliefs the closest. If you are not registered to vote, you can check out Rock the Vote to help get you registered to vote in your state. Please vote. Whether or not your opinions and values differ from mine, I still encourage you to vote. And as my dad use to always tell me, "You can't complain about the government if you don't vote." I'll get down off my soapbox now.

No comments: