Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Boys of Summer






Last month's challenge at Scrap Our Stash was to use a sketch by Helen Croft. We had our choice of three sketches to use and I picked this one:




I loved the tall, skinny photos, and they worked well with these pictures from our visit to the beach. I used some of my favorite paper, the Frenzy White Out collection from We Are Memory Keepers. I bought this paper last year and used alot of it, but I loved it so much that when it went on sale for .19 a sheet at Michael's, I had to buy almost every sheet left!! My intent was to use it for a summertime album, but never did. I love it because you can use it for so many different pages, but it really went well with these summer pictures. It's a colorblocked, two-sided paper, so I was able to finsih this page with just one sheet and the background paper.

Some other things that I used for this one;
Fiskars wave punch
Autumn Leaves flourish stamps
iRock tool and gems
Basic Grey chipboard
Studio G stamps

I hand cut the swirl and the sun, but used my Cricut for the title.

Maybe this will give you some warmer thoughts on this cold day! Happy crafting!

No comments: