Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My first Amigurumi Animal, a little pink piggy!


First of all, I know this has nothing to do with scrapbooking or paper crafting, but I loved this little guy and wanted to share with you. Hopefully after the first of the year, I can set up another page here to post my other crafts, but one project at a time!!

I have crocheted on and off for a very long time. I learned from my mom and I can remember taking my stuff to middle school and working on things while I was being an office aide. Now so many scrap pages have crocheted flowers and lace on them. And after seeing a tiny lace flower at my local scrapbook store for $1, I knew I could make them myself. (This happens to me alot!)

While I was looking for some flower patterns, I came across this little guy on the Lion Brand Yarn site. You have to register to see their free patterns, but they also have a learning center that you can learn the basics of how to crochet.

They have alot of patterns for amigurumi animals which are also very popular right now. Almost all of them are for beginners or for the easy level. I have had so much fun making this little guy, and I will definately try some other animals and other projects! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

LindaC said...

You are so smart! Is there anything you can't do? Cute piggy!