Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

T-Shirt beach bag!!!






I have been so excited to share this project with you!

This bag started out as a $3 shirt that I found at the Goodwill. I loved this shirt when I found it, but it was not the right size for my boys. It is an Aeropostale shirt that was in great shape for a used white shirt! I bought it not knowing what I would do with it. But I quickly decided that I needed to turn it into a bag.

Since knit would stretch too much if I put anything inside it, I picked out a cute yellow polka dot material to line the inside. Originally the print on the shirt was way up on the neck, so after I added some bamboo handles, it was a little higher up than I would have like to have it. I should have added some extra fabric to the top so the design would be lower, but I didn't think about that until after it was finished. I cut out the Aeropostale out of the shirt and made it into a tag inside the purse.

Since then, I have found a Lucky brand shirt and a couple of others that I plan to make into more bags. I may list this one on Etsy, but I'm not sure I can give it up! Happy crafting!



1 comment:

LindaC said...

Great idea! You are just too smart! LC